we are surrounded by the energy of … Divine LOVE
I’m preparing to give a presentation at our local Pecha Kucha on Dec. 10th, an event attended by fun-loving, supportive, enthusiastic people who love to share ideas. Known as a “mini TED” PK has been around for a few years in our town. Check locally to see if you have this event, or visit PechaKucha.org the main site and listen to a few good ideas. Or maybe you want to start this great way of communicating and sharing ideas!?! After mid-December you’ll be able to hear my talk on the main website, if all goes as planned. Or check back here as I’ll post a link. And, if you haven’t already, why not sign up (on left column here on LordFlea) to get notices when I have a new post. I’ve been busy writing my third book, so posting here is infrequent, but always fun. I love each and every one of you, and hope you feel my sincere wish to be a part of your life, in what I present. Leave me your thoughts, please. I love hearing from you!
our life energies are all connected
At each new PK there is a different theme. The upcoming one in which I’ll be presenting is the generic word/idea of Delicious.
When I first heard this theme, I immediately thought: “Love is Delicious. Love is also another word for consciousness. That’s what I’m going to talk about.”
Naturally, those of you who follow LordFlea know that my passion in life is consciousness, which is another word for the energy of Divine Love. Words are so fickle, they never clearly describe what is actually meant, so of course I’ll be using some of my art works to describe just exactly WHAT I mean, when I say that “LOVE IS DELICIOUS.”
I’ve been going through many of my past artworks to select images, and am quite amazed at the body of work I’ve amassed! Especially since I barely have done any studio artwork since I decided to focus on getting books out. All my life I’ve always been torn: to write, or to art … teZa’s great conundrum … sometimes I’d do a dance, jumping back and forth, not knowing which of these two loves of mine I could do in a single day. After devoting a good part of my life to creating art, exhibiting it, and eventually getting frustrated at not being able to disperse it to interested parties — I shifted my focus about fifteen years ago. Of course universal consciousness, Love Itself, played a huge part in this decision by giving me such a serious hand injury I could no longer continue making art. I was forced to think: what next. And thus, I HAD to write. That’s why I’m spreading my ideas via words these days, with accompanying illustrations, yes indeedy!
To help myself get organized for PK, I thought I’d share with you a hint about what points I’ll be talking about. First I’m writing these, and then … I’ll be picking twenty different images of art, mostly mine but a few others’ arty images to match these points. Each point gets twenty seconds (the formula for speaking at PKs around the world).
Here’s how I see Delicious:
- my first memories are about flying in my dreams
- since earliest times, humankind have recorded their memories with art
- after learning my craft of art-making, I discovered the only subject that turned me on was either mythology or love, preferably a combination of the two
- so I began to explore both, simultaneously
- sometimes in art, and sometimes in writing, but always the theme was the flight of fancy that the power of Love has filled all humans with since the beginning of time
- after studying Eastern thought, and hearing it from other sources, I realized that another word for Love … is consciousness, and more specifically, the Divine Consciousness of Oneness, called by many other names.
- Experiencing Oneness became my passion, some might even say … obsession
- I found it in Nature, adventuring in it, exploring its secrets, drawing its details (as a botanical illustrator, first)
- I found Oneness by living intimately with plants in jungle settings, and spent a great deal of time in the West Indies in the most primitive spots I could find
- I found Unity Consciousness by living closely to the Sea, by traveling long distances upon deep blue waters on sailboats, by diving into Her Mystery .. and always …
- Making works of art that I consider homages to Nature’s Great Power: Love
- In romantic relationships, I discovered that kind of love the most challenging, and needed a lot of help to figure out who and what was good for me to focus on … until
- I met my true love, married, and became Angel Mom to his two young kids
- My focus shifted then, from finding a personal relationship with Love to how to spread Love to others, and help heal our toxic world
- I wanted to share with people how great Joy is, a cousin of Love
- When the Higgs Bosun was discovered, nicknamed the “God Particle” I was delighted, because finally there was proof that we are all One, and our connection is a tangible, measurable form of energy. I just happen to choose to call that interconnecting energy, simply, Love.
- Sometimes I have to get very still, and go within, to find that Source of Love within, when outside circumstances are trying, difficult, mean, even violent.
- But always, I find it. Love is the elixir of life.
- Love is the magic of our DNA’s compelling us to follow our dreams, and believe in the impossible
- Love is, surely, the most delicious thing any of us know, whether for a person, place or thing. The energy of connectedness, Love, is part of us, within us, all around us, constantly. In these difficult social times, all of us can choose to focus on the this Light of Love within everything in existence.
Now I’ll dig into my photos and pull out images that will nicely illuminate these points I want to share about Delicious-ness.
Wish you all could be here, to hear me on December 10th! Why not come? St. Augustine is a lovely town to visit. but if you can’t, I’ll post a link here on LordFlea after the presentation for you to check out, if you’re interested. Next post I’ll do will be when I can tear myself away from the final FINAL (I hope!) edit of my next book.
And guess what that next book’s topic is about? You got it! The many different delicious flavors of … LOVE! I’ll be sharing more about the upcoming book soon. If you want to me on my author’s e-mail list be sure to leave me your email so I can send you updates about the soon-to-be-published book! (I never share emails, your privacy is well guarded with me!)
Lots of LOVE, your pal Lord Flea aka teZa Lord